BC West is a fly fishing lodge located on the lower Dean River in British Columbia, Canada.
- Legendary fishery for hot, strong, chrome steelhead and king salmon
- Incredibly beautiful environment in remote BC.
- Unique fishing program combines guided fishing below the Dean River canyon with self-guided fishing
above the canyon.
- Best-in-industry guides, lodge staff, service level and camaraderie
- Fishing program combines guided fishing below the Dean River canyon with self-guided fishing above the
canyon. Access below the canyon is via 24-foot jet boat. Access above the canyon is via ATV.
- Fishing techniques are predominantly based on swung flies with two-handed rods, for both steelhead and king
salmon. Single-handed rods are used as well. For king salmon, all fishing involves sinktips. For steelhead,
sinktips and some dry lines are used.
- BC West is located on the lower Dean River, below the canyon.
- Guests stay in comfortable rustic cabins housing two or four anglers.
- A separate building contains the dining room and kitchen.
- A separate ‘clubhouse’ provides a casual spot to relax and enjoy the evening meal.
- All buildings are heated and cleaned daily.
- Guests fly to Vancouver via a variety of commercial carriers. Most guests travel from Vancouver to Bella Coola
on Pacific Coastal Airlines.