Uncategorized Archives - Page 90 of 160 - RiverQuest Charters
1
archive,paged,category,category-uncategorized,category-1,paged-90,category-paged-90,eltd-core-1.0.3,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,boxed,borderland child-child-ver-1.0.0,borderland-ver-1.4, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,,grid_1300,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.5.3,vc_responsive
 

Uncategorized

80% chance of being 20% right

Day one of three with Tom and Judy of Chicago went off with out a hitch, despite the ominous weather forecast. With an 80% chance of strong to severe storms in the forecast, I was worried about our first day of smallmouth fishing coming together....

Chicago Anglers Club

Smallmouth fishing on the Mo' is taking center stage as the water temperatures have crept to the low 70 degrees mark. Surface flies along with crayfish patterns are getting it done. Atlantic salmon are in good numbers in the Soo, and should provide excellent fishing...

6-25-10

Great evening of dry fly fishing today with friend and client Jeff and his guest Mark!  Both guys are dry fly neophytes, but with trout rising to cinnamon caddis for well over two hours, the guys eagerly ventured into the world of dry fly fishing, ...

6/21/10

And so return we did, but first, of course, we had to see if the trout would play, and, indeed, they did.  Action was fast on streamers and before we knew it, it was anchor time.  We quickly located the anchor and...

6-15-10

Steve and Donna from Indianapolis are celebrating their twenty fifth wedding anniversary fishing the Muskegon River. Yesterday and today, Donna spent most of her time reading a good book, and counting the fish that Steve boated. It was a pleasure to share this special celebration with...

6/13/10

Jim Arl from the St. Louis, MO area joined me on Grand Traverse Bay for a bit of carp fishing today. The day started out overcast and still a bit cool with a slight NE breeze. I was surprised to find that even with the...

Rooster Fish or Bust

Some much needed vacation is in store for my wife and I, as we head south to Costa Rica. I will be bringing the fly gear and hope to share some pictures of the much anticipated Rooster Fish that I will be catching! The rest of...

6-8-10

Finally, finally, I was able to get back on the river! After competing in the annual northern Michigan, Deming/Kuieck "pasture pool" tour based at our cottage in Leland, I was thrilled to be back in Captain Don's boat on the Muskegon. With the...