Steve Kuieck, Author at RiverQuest Charters - Page 72 of 97
3
archive,paged,author,author-stevekuieck,author-3,paged-72,author-paged-72,eltd-core-1.0.3,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,boxed,borderland child-child-ver-1.0.0,borderland-ver-1.4, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,,grid_1300,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.5.3,vc_responsive
 

Author:Steve Kuieck

Hot Weather Smallmouth

The 2nd and 3rd day of fishing with Tom and Judy required us to endure some pretty hot summer weather. Day-to-day differences in behavior of the smallmouth kept us on our toes as well. Typically, the smallies can always be found on the woody structures...

80% chance of being 20% right

Day one of three with Tom and Judy of Chicago went off with out a hitch, despite the ominous weather forecast. With an 80% chance of strong to severe storms in the forecast, I was worried about our first day of smallmouth fishing coming together....

Chicago Anglers Club

Smallmouth fishing on the Mo' is taking center stage as the water temperatures have crept to the low 70 degrees mark. Surface flies along with crayfish patterns are getting it done. Atlantic salmon are in good numbers in the Soo, and should provide excellent fishing...

Rooster Fish or Bust

Some much needed vacation is in store for my wife and I, as we head south to Costa Rica. I will be bringing the fly gear and hope to share some pictures of the much anticipated Rooster Fish that I will be catching! The rest of...

Fading light success

Last nights fishing on the Muskegon had the highs and lows of dry fly fishing. Joining Capt . Dave and I was Patti, Duane, John, and Meredith of Reel Women & Reel Men of Indianapolis, Indiana. After a very successful early season streamer trip the...

The 411

This week by customer request, Capt. Dave and I have been on the day shift. Morning spinner falls of drakes and sulfers have made for some very nice fishing on the Mo'. The ever dependable caddis have had the easy takers looking up from 9am...

What a Day!

Last evening on the 2nd of our tw0 day trip with Andy and JD from Chicago Fly Fishing Outfitters was one of my best days on the water I have had in quite some time. In combination, the weather, outstanding fishing, and great company, along...

Right on par

Fishing on the Mo' currently is right on par with years past logs. Hatches are happening but day-to-day differences are very evident. Last night was likely one of the largest sulpher spinner falls I have ever witnesses. While this sounds epic, the area produced only...

Hot weather fortune

Despite record high temperatures, Bill and Ida Sidor joined me for a day trip on the Mo'. Conditions warranted switching up to an evening trip, but an even obligation to my son on his birthday kept the switch from taking place.  As Bill and Ida...