Steve Kuieck, Author at RiverQuest Charters - Page 63 of 89
3
archive,paged,author,author-stevekuieck,author-3,paged-63,author-paged-63,eltd-core-1.0.3,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,boxed,borderland child-child-ver-1.0.0,borderland-ver-1.4, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,,grid_1300,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.5.3,vc_responsive
 

Author:Steve Kuieck

Money

Salmon numbers continue to grow on the Manistee River as do the number of fisherman. It was a busy day on the river as Dr. Shen and his brothers  joined me on a beautiful day for salmon fishing. The lower river is carrying a good...

Hold on John, Hold on!

Here's to hoping the heat and humidity is behind us!!! Day-to-day salmon season kicked off for me today, and as promised on  Facebook, some chrome Chinook! John Steen of New York, and his son Kevin joined me on the lower Manistee for some early September...

A little easier please?

Smallmouth fishing the last couple days for me has been challenging. Factor in the higher than normal water flows, temperamental fish, and beginner clients, it has made for some long days on the water.  Beginner fly fisherman always bring with them challenges that only exist...

Win Fare, Lose Fare

When you have the opportunity to take a child fishing, you should do it every time. When you have the opportunity to take one of your own children fishing- its priceless! Joining me today was my middle son Zach, who loves...

Gotta earn those Atlantics

Extremely warm weather has effected the Atlantic salmon fishing in the Soo just like it has effected the trout fishing in many other areas. Water temperature in the St. Mary's River is running nearly 10 degrees above normal from my year to year experiences. Morning...

Hot Weather Smallmouth

The 2nd and 3rd day of fishing with Tom and Judy required us to endure some pretty hot summer weather. Day-to-day differences in behavior of the smallmouth kept us on our toes as well. Typically, the smallies can always be found on the woody structures...

80% chance of being 20% right

Day one of three with Tom and Judy of Chicago went off with out a hitch, despite the ominous weather forecast. With an 80% chance of strong to severe storms in the forecast, I was worried about our first day of smallmouth fishing coming together....

Chicago Anglers Club

Smallmouth fishing on the Mo' is taking center stage as the water temperatures have crept to the low 70 degrees mark. Surface flies along with crayfish patterns are getting it done. Atlantic salmon are in good numbers in the Soo, and should provide excellent fishing...

Rooster Fish or Bust

Some much needed vacation is in store for my wife and I, as we head south to Costa Rica. I will be bringing the fly gear and hope to share some pictures of the much anticipated Rooster Fish that I will be catching! The rest of...